Friday, June 29, 2012

Job Search

Well, lately I've been pretty worried about whether this path in graduate school will open doors for a good job, a nice place to live, and the finances necessary to raise a large family.  I went to the temple on Tuesday with Jessica just searching for some comfort and guidance.  Its Friday now, and I got an email from a local research firm telling me to contact them for a job when I am finished.  We've been praying every night since the first of the year for guidance and direction in finding the right job for our family.  While this contact may not be the exact job I get, it is incredible comfort to know that I have some definite job prospects when I graduate.
On another note, I've been working on scratch building my own RC plane.  For $4 I bought some foam from Home Depot and with some hot glue and sand paper, made my own plane.  I followed some basic flight principles and physics of typical aircraft and scaled them down to my plane.  Today, the electronics arrived from Hong Kong.  I'll have some pictures of the maiden flight once we get it together.
Finally, I must comment on my latest cooking adventures.  I've been doing sourdough whole wheat bread for a while, but it seems lately that all my bread keeps failing.  One success however, has been my beef stew, which I cook each Friday (that or Chili).  Additionally, we've been making a roast each Sunday with carrots and mashed potatoes.  It's been about 2 months since we've kept that tradition.  We put the roast in frozen the night before, and when we come home from church, it's ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment